BDC and BioVale are pleased to announce that we will be attending the next ChemUK expo in May 2023 where we will be supporting the growth in green chemistry supply chains and the new processes and services that are supporting the transition to bio-sourced/bio-based industrial and consumer chemical products.
This year we are holding a number of activities that will build on the impressive interest that we generated in 2022.
Wednesday 10th May 2023 3pm - 4.30pm, Stage 2
On Day 1 our exciting pitch event hosted by Chris Hiscocks, Enterprise Manager BioVale, will see bio-based entrepreneurs given the opportunity to pitch their business ideas to investors and industry leaders to gain valuable insights and form new business relationships.
Pitch companies include:
- Aerseeds Ltd – Nature powered solutions for full ecosystem recovery
- Matterhorn Studio - Enabling your first step towards AI-driven materials discovery
- LiquiBio Ltd - Edible scaffolding to simplify bioprocessing and create better tasting cultivated meat
- Nova Biochem Ltd - Developing sustainable alternatives to traditional petrochemicals from pulping and agricultural waste streams for flavourings, adhesives, plastics
- New Wave Biotech - Bioprocess optimisation software to help alternative protein companies get to market quicker, cheaper and better
- Mykor - Biotechnology and advanced materials company developing commercially viable and sustainable building materials made from waste and fungi
Thursday 11th May 2023 10am - 11am, Stage 2
On Day 2 our expert panel chaired by Anna Zhenova, CEO Green Rose Chemistry, will bring together leading bioeconomy organisations and entrepreneurs to discuss the opportunities and challenges of bringing new biobased chemical products and services to the market. The session will cover facilities and capabilities in the UK, the finance and funding landscape, and provide case study examples of start-ups and SMEs who have scaled up, scaled down, and scaled out.
- Mark Gronnow, Process Development Unit Leader, Biorenewables Development Centre
- Yvonne Armitage, Director of Biotechnology, CPI
- Paul Bello, Innovation Lead Industrial Biotechnology, Innovate UK
- Andrew West, Chief Chemist, BioSep Ltd
- Neil Renault, IBioIC
Mark Gronnow, who leads the BDC's Process Development Unit Leader said:
I am really excited to be discussing the future of biobased chemicals with UK experts in our field, I hope we can get some provocative questions from the audience.
The pitch event is being organised as part of the Bioeconomy Ventures programme and will be taking place as part of the ChemUK Expo 2023.
This project has received funding from the Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking (JU) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101023260. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and the Bio-based Industries Consortium.